Construction Supervision for Operation & Maintenance
In the Construction Supervision for O&M (Operation and Maintenance) projects, we are fully responsible as Supervision Consultant and act as Engineer on behalf of our clients.
Construction Supervision for O&M projects covers:
- Quality Management
- Review of the technical specifications and design parameter.
- Review of construction methodology.
- Evolve comprehensive quality assurance system.
- Establish and approve quality of materials and sources of materials.
- Oversee contractors resources for construction work.
- Inspect and control workmanship.
- Maintain record of all tests carried out.
- Quantity Management
- Review of the BOQ.
- Review of the drawings with respect to quantity provision/ execution.
- Establish quantity assurance system for recording and certifying measurement of works.
- Exercise checking the quantity and quality of work done.
- Certification of bill of work done.
- Advise on variations, claims, etc.
- Inspect work on substantial completion.
- List outstanding work for defect liability period.
- Advise Project Implementation Unit during arbitration proceedings, if any.
- Contract Management
- Understand the contractual arrangement between the employer and the contractor.
- Act as “Engineer” for the purpose of civil work contract.
- Review and suggest modifications to the construction planning, methodology and implementation schedule of the contractor.
- Evolve and establish construction supervision system.
- Coordinate with the Employer so as to enable timely initiation of the work for site handing over, shifting utilities, etc.
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor.
- Provide interpretation of technical specifications.
- Provide interpretation of contract provisions.
- Review and issue detailed drawings, as required.
- Approve contractor’s working drawings.
- Record progress of work.
- Assist the department to issue variation orders.
- Assist the department to settle the contractor's claims.
- Ensure quality (covered under quantity and quality framework).
- Substantial completion.
- Defect liability period.
- Certify “As Constructed Drawings”.
- Reporting and Documentation
- Monitoring progress of the work.
- Prepare monthly progress report.
- Prepare quarterly progress report.
- Issue Periodic Reports when required.
- Report on substantial completion.
- Verify and correct as-built drawings.
It helps our clients in ensuring hassle free and quality execution of O&M projects.