Process optimization is to improve the plant performance in terms of:
- Improved capacity utilization.
- Reduced power consumption.
- Reduced fuel consumption.
- Reduction of wear rate of dynamic equipment.
- Improved product quality.
- Improved equipment availability.
- Improved working environment due to reduction in dust nuisance.
- Reduced dust emission.
- Conservation of natural resources like water, minerals and fossil fuel.
- Collection of plant data and interaction with plant personnel.
- Down time analysis of all the major equipments and identification of bottlenecks/ problem areas.
- Carrying out process measurements during steady operation of plant covering temperature, pressure, flow & power.
- Carrying out mass gas and heat balancing of Pyro section.
- Finding out efficiency of all the process fans.
- Particle size analysis for all the raw materials, fuel, clinker & cement.
- Proximate & Ultimate analysis of fuels.
- Recommendation of measures for improvement of plant operations on short term and long term basis with financial implications.
- Estimation of Capital Investments of the proposed measures.
- Estimation of Return on investment in terms of Simple Payback period.
Plant Optimization will lead to increased profitability due to:
- Reduction in unit cost of production.
- Improved availability of the plant.
- Increase in plant life.
- Improved working environment.
- Reduction of heat & power consumption.
- Conservation of natural/ mineral resources.